Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FINGER LAKES WINE TOUR & CYMRU

On a visit to my Mom's house in Geneva, NY we went on down the farside of Seneca Lake and found this little gem of a letterbox in an old church cemetery. Scott and I love exploring cemeteries as I mentioned in prior posts. There were two stamps and they were hand carved and very nice. It was just a perfect Saturday afternoon. The scenery was just stunning and it made my heart proud to be able to say that I am from the Finger Lakes region.
The next day after church we took a ride over the hill to Nelson and did another old church with a sweet old cemetery. This is the Welch church in Nelson, NY. It only has summer services as they do not heat the building during the winter months. Scott and I have wanted to go there, but never did. Some of the grave stones were in Welch.
Another beautiful day! The sky is perfect and the air was so sweet smelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment